Redemption Ridge exists to provide healing and restoration to female victims of commercial domestic sex trafficking in a safe and loving family environment in order to give them hope and a future.
Our vision is to offer a successful path to freedom for female victims of sexual exploitation. We are dedicated to seeing young survivors emerge with their God-given rights of dignity, hope and purpose through a holistic, trauma informed approach.
The Facts Are Shocking
- While it is impossible to know exactly how many of our children are being sold for sex, according to the U.S. Department of State, more than 100,000 youth are at risk for trafficking into the sex industry in the United States annually.
- The National Incidence of Missing, Abducted, Runaway, and Throwaway children estimate that 1.6 million children run away from home each year in the US. One in three teens will be recruited by a trafficker within 48 hours of leaving home.
- According to the US Department of Justice, human trafficking has become the second-fastest growing criminal industry just behind drug trafficking. Minor children account for roughly half of all the victims.
- In 2013, the US Attorney for the District of Oregon stated “… We have a devastating epidemic of child sex trafficking within our community—an epidemic that demands action.”
- The average age of entry into the commercial sex industry in the U.S. is 12 years old.
- Girls’ precious bodies are being sold 7 days a week, 365 days a year in our own Oregon communities for the greed and profit of their trafficker or pimp.
- It is estimated that a trafficker may earn as much as $650,000 in a year by exploiting as few as 4 children.
- The I-5 corridor, running directly through Oregon, is referred to by traffickers and pimps as the “Kiddy Track”. This derogatory title is used because of the large number of our children being moved and sold daily up and down this corridor.
- There is a severe lack of resources for minors that have been sexually exploited, with less than 500 beds nationwide committed exclusively to meeting the needs of these traumatized children after their rescue.
Redemption Ridge Board of Directors and staff have determined these statistics are unacceptable. We are an organization dedicated to bringing hope and healing to young girls devastated by the effects of commercial domestic sex trafficking. As a caring and highly committed group of individuals, we are dedicated to restoring the lives of some of our community’s most vulnerable population. Redemption Ridge is committed to redeeming lives, restoring dignity, and placing purpose in the hearts of these young survivors.